Friday 30 January 2015

Friday Night Playlist: The Ultimate Chill Package

It's days away from February and for many highschoolers across the GTA (Greater Toronto Area), this is the time for semester 2. New semester, new you!
That's what we like to think, while we trudge into classes, dreading the formulas and assignments that will soon bombard us. Yeah... Fun stuff.

But before we get to all that, let's enjoy the moment. Let's enjoy a beautiful Friday night in January. My favourite way to spend a night like this? Throw on some calming music, grab a cup of tea, and watch my ratchet shows. Yes, I'll admit it. I watch Love & Hip-Hop: Atlanta and Hollywood. But tonight, I just want to blog.

Music and writing is good for the soul. And so is this playlist.

I orginally made it for a friend of mine, for his birthday. I use to be afraid to share music with people. I was always a lover of indie, rock, alternative, etc, and that never made me specifically "cool" with the other kids. They were expecting me to recite ever lyric from Jay-z and bounce to every soca beat. Now, that's fine and all. I love the music of the black community, but I refuse to be limited, or put in a box. I refuse for anyone to dictate how music should make me feel and what I should and should not relate to.

This playlist, the ultimate chill package, is everything and more. It have the soft melodies, rising tempos, something to think about, something get amped about, and most importantly, something to feel. Every song in this, to me, has so much meaning. Every beat, instrument, and note come together to create something next to perfection. Yes, I'm probably being super extra, but I love it, and I made it.
The transitions are perfect. We start of slow with Ivy-Active Child, and towards the middle we get some hip-hop from Childish Gambino. Something we can get hyped to, until we bring it back down with some Frank Ocean and FKA Twigs later. Trust me, this was carefully calculated.

So, try it. Listen.
Grab your tea and experience the Ultimate Chill Package.


The Ultimate Chill Package from livelife1 on 8tracks Radio.

No comments:

Post a Comment